Q 1:How can I find out regarding AWHO rules & policies? How can one get the Application Form AH-30/Master Brochure?

A: Master brochure containing rules & policies of AWHO is available online. Also, you can send Rs.168/- (if applying under AR/SS/TK schemes) “or” Rs. 177/- (Sale/Purchase cases) by Postal Order or DD to obtain Master Brochure containing Application form by registered post or collect locally from Project Director's office or from HQ AWHO New Delhi on cash payment of Rs.125/- “or“ Rs.132/- (Sale/Purchase cases). Form can also be downloaded from our website www.awhosena.in where applicants will have to remit aforesaid amount extra by demand draft/postal order while sending their applications for the Master Brochure which will be despatched to them later on.

Q 2:Who all are eligible to apply for a housing scheme in AWHO?

A: (a) Regular Army Personnel - (i) All Ranks serving on Regular terms/ Short Service at the time of acceptance of application. (ii) All Ranks who have retired having put in minimum of 5 years of service. (iii) Battle Casualties boarded out of service.
(b) Medical Officers who on getting commission become members of the Army Officers Benevolent Fund and have not registered for/allotted a DU by AFNHB.
(c) Army Postal Service - Serving Personnel of the APS who have served a minimum of 10 years of service in the Army or have retired directly from APS without reverting back to the parent unit after atleast ten years of service.
(d) Territorial Army- Personnel who have been embodied in the Territorial Army and have an aggregate of ten years embodied service (e) Widows of serving/retired army personnel who are in receipt of pension from CDA (P) Allahabad.
(f) Employees of AWHO who have rendered a minimum of 10 years of service in the organization. Employees who have retired/released from AWHO are not eligible.
(g) Parents of unmarried Fatal Battle/ Other Casualties who are in receipt of pension from CDA (P) Allahabad.
(j) (a) Other Personnel Categories – (i) Assam Rifles and GREF personnel. (ii) Air Force, Naval personnel and Indian Cost Guard (ICG) including their widows. (iii) Other Para Military Personnel. (iv) Civilian paid from Defence Service Estimate. (v) Retired TA personnel who are pension holders for continuous embodied serve or broken spells of qualifying service.

Q 3:What supporting documents are required with the Application Form & who is countersigning authority?

A: (a) Serving Officers/JCOs/OR - No supporting document is required. Application form and photograph should be countersigned/ attested by the Commanding Officer/Next Superior Officer in chain of Command.
(b) For retired personnel getting pension - A copy of PPO duly attested.
(c) For retired personnel (non-pensioner) having completed five years of service - Record of Service showing date of Commission/Enrolment & date of release.
(d) Widows/Parents of Fatal Battle Casualties - Copy of PPO, Death Certificate, Age Proof (if applying for widow category) and Battle Casualty Return (where applicable)

For retired Personnel/Widows/Parents the authority for attesting/countersigning the Application form & supporting documents is Station/Area HQ, Zila Sainik Board or SDM of District where residing.
Age Proof
1. School leaving certificate
2. Middle class certificate
3. Matriculation certificate
4. Birth certificate issued by Municipality
(however, mere extract of registration of birth will not be accepted)
5. ECHS card
6. Passport

Q 4:What are Spot Schemes/ Annual Registration Schemes/ Demand Surveys? What is the difference between the two? Are there any prescribed formats for applying?

A: Spot Schemes - New Schemes are initially open for a limited period of time (usually 2-3 months) and are called Spot Schemes. All applications received during the specified period are considered at par. A random computerized draw is conducted for fixation of seniority. Application format : AH-30
Annual Registration Schemes - Once the last date of a Spot Scheme is over the scheme gets converted into Annual Registration Scheme. Seniority for the applications received under Annual Registration is fixed as per the date of Demand Draft. The applicants are placed in the wait list if all units stand allotted. Application format for Spot/Annual Scheme is common.
Demand Survey Schemes - To check the viability of taking up a project in a station Demand Surveys are conducted. If the response is good, efforts are made to acquire land to start the project. Application format : Demand Survey

Q 5:How do I get to know the ongoing schemes/DUs open for registration & their cost?

A: To check the details of the ongoing schemes/DUs open for registration & their cost click under the heading Latest Costing

Q 6:Can a local/Multicity cheque/cash be given against Registration-cum-Application fee? Can the registration-cum-application fee be paid through net banking/ NEFT/RTGS? Is this amount adjusted in the cost of DU?

A: No, the Registration-cum Application fee should be given only in form of Demand Draft in favour of 'MD AWHO' payable at New Delhi. The registration money may also be deposited through electronic means. Click here, for AWHO account details. The cost of DU is inclusive of Regn fee & land cost.

Q 7:Can we send application by post/through courier?

A: Applicants are advised to send the applications by registered/speed post and not by courier since courier personnel are not allowed inside Kashmir House complex.

Q 8:In how many schemes one can apply?

A: A person can apply in two Regular Schemes and also for more than one Demand Survey scheme.

Q 9:Can one apply in more than one Demand Survey?

Yes, but for each station one has to give separate application with a draft of Rs.11200/- each.

Q10: What, if both husband and wife are eligible any AWHO scheme?

A: Only one of them may apply.

Q11:Does one get any interest on the registration amount if one applies in Demand Survey?

A: No interest is given on the registration amount, if a person withdraws from the scheme within 3 years of applying. After 3 years of registering, simple interest @ 5% will be given in most schemes. Pls, also refer to specific advertisement of Demand Survey for exact position.

Q12:Is there any chance of getting allotment if one applies in wait listed station?

A: Allotment will be against withdrawal/cancellation, if any, on seniority basis. Seniority is fixed on the basis of date of demand draft. Waitlisted applicants get priority over fresh applicants if new scheme/phase is planned in that station.

Q13:How can I check my waitlist number?

A: To view your wait list, please register on AWHO website. To register, click here.

Q14(a):How can one change the Choice Station or Type of DU? Will the seniority be carried forwarded?

A: Before Booking letter is issued change of Station and type of Dwelling Unit is permitted throughout the year. After first change, the second change can be allowed only after six months of first change. Fresh Seniority will be assigned which will be fixed on the date of receipt of request letter.

Q14(b):How is the allotment of specific Dwelling Unit and Parking made?

A: On nearing completion of construction, dwelling units will be allotted by Numbers/ Floors/ Blocks to those who have paid the required instalments. Allotment will be made by draw of lots through a computer by an Allotment Committee. The names of those who have not paid the requisite instalments may not be included in the draw at the discretion of the Managing Director. The date of draw of dwelling units will be announced in advance in case of major schemes. The result of the draw will be intimated to all concerned by an allotment letter. No request for a change of the dwelling unit allotted will be entertained except through mutual exchange.

Q15:Do we give any preference on allotment of specific floor to an allottee suffering from any disabilities?

A: No preferences are given to any allottee suffering from disabilities, on medical ground, and old age of parents etc. However preference for specific floor is given only to an allottee who is a battle casualty having 100% disability.

Q16:Is there any quota reserved for widows etc.?

A: Reservation of Quota :
(i) Widows 3% (Apply within 05 yrs from death of husband & widow should be below 65 years of age on the date of application); in receipt of family pension.
(ii) Recently retired / Retiring personnel 3% (Applicable only for Spot Schemes). Apply 12 months before retiring or within 6 months after retirement.

(iii)Parents of Unmarried Fatal Battle and other Casualties (if applied within 05 yrs from the date of demise of their child and who are in receipt of pension).
(iv) Widows of Awardees of PVC and Ashok Chakra They will be considered in widow quota irrespective of time/age limit. However, the maximum number of vacancies in a single project will be restricted to two vacancies out of the overall widow quota.
(v)Battle Casualty (100% disability) Preference for allotment of specific floor will be given.

Note:- Widow quota will be merged into general category after one year from launch of project. Less one percent dwelling units subject to minimum one dwelling unit of each type which will be merged one month prior to issue of option letter.

Q17:What has to be done for change of rank/ address?

A: Registrants are requested to kindly write simple application by regd/speed post for change of Address/ Rank so that record can be updated accordingly. Registrants who are registered on the AWHO web site can also use ‘Query Form (Registered Users)’ to forward the changes in their Address/ Rank/e-mail ID/contact numbers.

Q18:How to change the registration on demise of the registrant to the NOK?

A: In case of death of the registrant NOK should approach AWHO on occurrence for the change of registration of Dwelling Unit or allotment in his/her name with required legal documents.

Q19:What if a registrant wants to take premature withdrawals prior/after to the issue of booking letter?

A: Withdrawal Before issue of Booking Letter / Allotment Letter
2% of Handling Charges on Registration Fee will be deducted.
No Interest on Registration Fee will be awarded if the applicant withdraws within one year of registration.
After issue of Booking Letter / Allotment Letter or the booking/allotment is cancelled due to default of allottee, he/she shall be liable to forfeit amount as given below:
SFA,MDA & equivalent (one & two bedrooms) - Rs.10,000/-
DXA,EA,SDA & equivalent (three bedrooms) - Rs. 20,000/-
LXA/DA Penthouses & DSUs (four bedrooms) - Rs. 25,000/-
Interest on delayed payments due as per schedule.
No interest on the installment paid after issue of Booking Letter.
The management reserves the right to terminate the registration of allottees and cancel their booking/allotment without any notice for any of the following reasons:-
* In case of default in schedule of payment beyond 30 days.
* In case of non submission of mandatory legal documents i.e affidavit, undertaking, Special Power of Attorney and Photographs etc within 120 days from the date of letter giving offer of possession to the allottee.
* In case of non-taking over of the DU beyond 120 days from the date of issue of clearance letter of the DU.
Note :- In such cases the refund of deposits will be processed under paras 47 to 50 of Master Brochure.

Q20:How much time does it take to get refund of registration deposit/ installment paid in case of withdrawal?

A: (a) Before issue of Booking Letter - 6 to 8 weeks.
(b) After issue of Booking Letter - Upto 6 months.

Q21:I have withdrawn from AWHO scheme 'X' due to compelling circumstances/ financial problems. Can I get refund of my deposits forthwith as a special case ?

A: Since the amount paid by way of installment is committed towards purchase of land/construction expenditure, the amount due, after deducting permissible deductions, will be refunded only after the dwelling unit has been reallotted and payment to AWHO has been made by reallottee or on expiry of six months in the case where booking letter next has not been issued. However specific requests for early refund are considered.

Q22:Is there any provision for Mutual Exchange of DUs?

A: Mutual Exchange is permitted by MD, AWHO at his discretion on application from allottees.
* After allotment letter but prior to possession of unit.
* Both allottees should have paid all dues.
* Finance cost as applicable will be charged.
* Mutual exchange between allottees of different phases and projects is not permitted.

Q23:How can I take possession of my Dwelling Unit?

* On completing all formalities including payments.
* No addition / alterations entitled.
* Encroachment not allowed.
* Property to be Handed Over on “as-is-where-is” Basis.
* If at any stage it is revealed that allottee has supressed or misrepresented facts, the allotment of dwelling unit is liable to be cancelled.


Q24:Are AWHO Allottees eligible to apply in new schemes?

A: Yes, Existing allottees of AWHO station/project  are now allowed to apply for an additional dwelling unit in the same station/project  as restriction imposed vide Para 11(A) of AWHO Master Brochure to purchase second dwelling unit in the same project/ station has been dispensed with.

Q25:What action is required to be taken for getting the dwelling unit ( DU ) registered in the name of allottee?

A: You are advised to contact AWHO's concerned Project Director/Manager for registration of DU and other assistance in the matter.

Q26:How much HOME loan can one get?

A: The Loan amount is as under:
(a) Maximum loan from Govt (HBA) for AWHO property is Rs.2.1 lac provided the cost of flat is not more than Rs.37.5 Lacs.
(b) Maximum loan which can be availed from AGIF is Rs.80 lac for Offrs, Rs.35 lac for JCOs & Rs.30 lac for OR but the actual amount of loan is determined by the net salary one receives and the number of years of residual service in the present rank.
(c) Repayment capacity is one of the main criteria for determining the loan amount. The loan amount cannot exceed 85% of the cost of the dwelling unit (DU). Most agencies give only upto 85% of the cost of DU.
(d) AGIF takes only the salary into consideration but Housing Finance Companies and Banks can take the co-owner’s/ spouse’s income and also income from other sources into consideration for calculation of Loan amount eligibility.

Q27:How to select the best agency to avail the loan?

A: The following are some of the factors which should be considered before choosing the Loaning Agency :-
Rate of interest (Fixed or Floating)
Interest being calculated on yearly/quarterly/monthly/daily basis.
Penalty to be levied for late payment.
Processing Fee/Administrative Fee.
Incentive/Penalty for Prepayment.
Debt Servicing Cost.
Equated Monthly Installment.

Q28:What is the procedure to apply for Home Loan?

A: 1. Select a loaning agency, show them your Financial Papers:-
(a)Latest Pay Slip/Proof of Income (3 months).
(b) Bank Statement for last six months where salary is credited.
(c) Income Tax Return/Form 16 (Last 2-3 years).
(d) PAN Card.
(e) Identity Proof.
(f) Residence Proof.
(g) Passport size photo.
(h) Personal assets and liabilities statement (PF, PPF, LIC etc.) along with documentary evidence.
(j) Copy of PPO/Pension certificate copy (For pensioners).

2. Obtain a provisional sanction letter (Loan Approval In Principle) from the loaning agency stating the loan amount and tenure and property details.
3. In case the loaning agency requires a tripartite agreement to be signed. It has to be done as per AWHO draft which are given here. (Draft Tripartite Agreement : On First Charge and Second Charge).

Q29:Can I apply for a Housing Loan jointly and with whom?

A: Yes. Wife/Husband, Son/Daughter, Legally adopted Child and Parents, if the allottee does not have above other family members can be permitted to become Co-Borrower/Co-Registrant on a case to case basis. However, he/she should be nominated as "Nominee" in AWHO records.

Q30:What is the procedure for applying a Housing Loan jointly?

A:A formal letter from the allottee mentioning name, relationship, date of birth and correspondence address is required to obtain permission of AWHO to become Co-Borrower/Co-Registrant. Co-borrower's certificate is issued from Marketing Section.

Q31:How do I clear my property of loan lien marked at AWHO once I have paid my loan?

A: You need to submit a loan clearance certificate from your loaning agency which clearly states property details of AWHO. Sample loan clearance letter.

Q32:Can I make payment of installment by a local cheque ex Delhi based bank or by cash?

A: Yes, Payment of installment can be made through a local cheque of any bank based in Delhi, NOIDA or Gurgaon. No Cash payments are accepted by AWHO except for sale of Master Brochure. Date of clearance of cheque is taken as date of payment. On the reverse of paying instruments, please mention your Registration no, Mobile No, Name and the project. Do not use couriers as they are not permitted inside defence areas. Recomended to use Indian Postal Service. You can also make payment through RTGS/NEFT or Internet Banking. For AWHO account details, click here.

Q33:How can I know my payment schedule & instalments paid?

A: Kindly register on the website to view your payment and other details.

Q34:Why am I not able to check my waitlist/payment details?

A: Kindly ensure that your date of birth is updated or correctly entered in AWHO records. To update your date of birth, kindly email the same along with your registration number.

Q35:I had sent amount 'X' towards my installment long time back but have not yet got the receipt. Has the amount been received?

A: Status of payment can be seen on website. Duplicate copy of Receipt is sent to the member only after getting a written request with reasons.

Q36:I have been allotted a dwelling unit similar to another allottee but the cost charged from me is higher than that of other allottee. Please explain the reason.

A: The cost charged from the seniormost allottee is the basic cost. However, those allottees who are issued booking letters at a later date, finance cost is added to bring parity between registrants or/and to offset interest burden borne by AWHO.

Q37:I had made part payment of Rs 'X' against my installment in time. But the balance amount which was sent by AGIF/ Banks was delayed due to no fault of mine. Thus, rebate at the rate of one percent should be credited to my account.

A: Rebate of one percent on the amount of any installment is admissible only if payment (in full) is made by the due date. Responsibility to ensure timely payment by agencies like AGIF/ Banks rests with the allottees concerned.

Q38:I had paid my installment which was due on 'X' in full from my own sources. Now an amount of Rs 'X' has been sent by my loaning agency direct to your office. Please intimate if the excess amount will earn interest till adjusted in next installment.

A: No interest is admissible on excess amount. Please send a written request for refund of the excess amount if so desired and the same shall be refunded to the member/agency.

Q39:How much interest do AWHO charge if the payment of installment is delayed after due date?

A: If any installment is not paid by the due date, interest @ 10% p.a (presently applicable) for the period of delay will be charged.

Q40:How much rebate does one get if the installment is made by due date or earlier?

A: A rebate of 1% on the amount of any installment is given if payment is made timely before due date or earlier. If whole payment ie the entire cost of Dwelling Unit is paid within 80 days of booking letter then 4% rebate is given. 3% rebate is given to those who have paid 1st installment and balance entire cost of DU is paid within 150 days from the date of issuing the Booking Letter or as announced for a specific project. The rebate of 4% and 3% is applicable only to initial allottees of any scheme.

Q41:How to get a duplicate copy of receipt (payment of installment, etc.) if an allottee has misplaced or didn't receive the original copy of receipt?

A: Duplicate copy of receipt is sent to the members only after getting a written request from the allottee.

Q42:What do I need to know about Welfare Society of AWHO Projects?

A: When you are allotted a Dwelling Unit by AWHO, you will have to become member of the Welfare Maintenance Society registered under Societies Registration Act XXI of 1860 of that particular project.
The society will maintain services such as lifts, generators, water pumping sets, paths, parks, roads, gardens, arboriculture, storm water drains, sewers, street lights, sanitation, etc.

Q43:How will legal disputes be addressed?

A: All suits and legal proceedings of any kind against the organisation shall be instituted in the appropriate court in Delhi notwithstanding the location of the property, which may be subject matter of dispute.

Q44:Can a DU allotted by AWHO be sold? If yes, to whom? What are the terms for sale / transfer of property acquired from AWHO?

A: For disposal of property acquired from AWHO, please refer Para 80 to 83 of AWHO Master Brochure 1987 ( as amended ).

Master Brochure

Q45:What is the procedure for disposal of property acquired from AWHO ?

A: Both parties (seller / transferer and purchaser / transferee) should send separate applications addressed to Managing Director, AWHO on plain paper intimating AWHO that he/she wants to sell/purchase flat/plot/shop etc (as the case may be) No __________ at ______________ to/from ______________ for which necessary NOC/sanction be accorded. Subsequent course of action is intimated by AWHO to seller after processing of application. The NOC/sanction for transfer of property is given in single name only. Hence application for sale/transfer of property should be fwd in single name (for purchaser ) only.

Q46:Can property acquired from AWHO be disposed off as a gift ?

A: Yes. Any property acquired from AWHO can be disposed off through Gift deed to legal heirs only.
However, Gift deed by serving officers is not permissible.

Any allottee who transfers his property through Gift deed will NOT be eligible to apply as
Priority-I at any stage thereafter.


A: Download Checklist for Sale Purchase